Massage, the manipulation of the different layers of muscle and connective tissue, is sometimes seen as a luxury that people indulge in from time to time. Other times, it can be seen as an alternative and complementary method of healing, with at least 80 recognized modalities.
Regardless of method, scheduling massages regularly affords the client many benefits. Even if one has a lot of things to do, setting some time aside for a massage can help maintain good health and relax. For instance, Massage Ubud is a spa offering Balinese massage. Developed in Bali, this type of massage was influenced by several systems, including traditional Indian and Chinese.
One of the best things about massage is, it’s found globally; no matter where you go or choose to stay, whether it’s in Bali or in a European city, you’re sure to find at least one spa that offers the service.
Each method is best for certain ills, but a combination such as that seen with Balinese massage, can be sure to cover all the bases. Not only does it help one relax, but can relieve and even prevent some conditions. Here are a few examples.
1. Cancer. Massage can’t help prevent cancer, but it can be used to complement the treatment for such. It can be used to reduce the symptoms, or alleviate the side effects of the treatment. For instance, it can help reduce pain and swelling, nausea, fatigue, and even depression.
Also, since massage helps to stimulate the lymphatic systems to regularly cleanse the body of toxins, this also means that massage can help improve the function of one’s immune system.
2. Osteoarthritis. Typically, Swedish massage – the most common massage method known today – has been used to treat osteoarthritis in the knee. One study showed that participants who received twice-weekly massages felt less stiffness and pain. They also experienced an improvement in knee function.
3. Headache. This is a fairly common condition, with everyone experiencing it at one point or another. Massage is a natural way to alleviate the pain associated with it.
For headaches that occur practically every day but aren’t as severe as migraines, the best thing to do would be to look for places that offer massages that are within your price range. You don’t need to stay very long – even just 30 minutes can do wonders. Whether you’re in downtown New York or vacationing in Bali, you’re sure to find something.
4. Anxiety. This is one of the things massage can help with that doesn’t have to do with something entirely physical. With a relaxing atmosphere, perhaps mimicking the surroundings in, say, Ubud, this alternative healing method can help relieve feelings of anxiety and depression.
5. Back pain. Another common complaint, back pain is usually the reason people look for massage therapists. It can reduce the need for painkillers by almost 40%, and has shown to be more effective than chiropractic sessions.
Balinese Massage Ubud offers relief from all these conditions and more, and is the best place to stay in order to truly experience the healing afforded by the massage method developed in Bali, Indonesia. Try it for yourself; indulge not in luxury itself, but the feeling of wellness only massage can bring.